- Label printer - An easy-to-use thermal label printer that you can connect to your laptop, tablet, or smart phone. Here are a list of label printers: https://www.amazon.com/Desktop-Label-Printers/b?ie=UTF8&node=8553181011
- Barcode scanner - This is a barcode scanner that can be connected to your laptop, tablet, or smart phone, and can be used to scan both barcodes and QR codes at the same time. Here are a list of barcode scanners: https://www.amazon.com/Barcode-Scanner/s?k=Barcode+Scanner
Using Labii, barcodes and QR codes can be generated automatically. In Labii, UIDs (Unique IDs) are encoded into both barcodes and QR codes by default.
- 5.Configure the barcode/QR code format.
- 6.The barcode/QR code will automatically be displayed when a new record is created for the table.
The barcode/QR code can be encoded with your own barcode string by simply providing values to the newly created barcode/QR code column.
Aside from displaying barcodes or QR codes as a column, you can also display barcodes or QR codes for each record during the section view.
If you want to include the barcode/QR code widget in all newly created records, you can configure the Default sections of a table to include the widget.
- 4.The barcode/QR code will automatically be displayed when a new record is created for the table.
- 5.The barcode/QR code can be configured in the format you need by clicking the Edit button.
There is a manual way of adding a barcode or QR code section for a particular record if the default section has not been configured and you wish to add one.
A barcode / QR code can be printed on your own label printer. Labii allows you to customize information to be included, label size, font size, etc.
With the Barcode or QR code widget, you can print each barcode / QR code individually.
- 4.The barcode/QR code can be configured in the format you need by clicking the Edit button.
- 5.Click Print button to print.
In most cases, after a batch of samples are accessed, you need to print barcodes in bulk. The bulk print feature can meet your needs.
- 2.Please check all records you wish to print
- 3.Click on Bulk print and choose either Barcode or QR code from the drop-down list.
- 5.On the right side of the screen, you will be able to see the preview of barcodes or QR codes.
- 6.Once you are satisfied with the configuration of the form, click the Print button.
Labii is equipped with a scanning page that allows you to scan barcodes / QR codes using either your camera or a commercial scanning device.
- 2.Under the scan settings options, you can either select a camera or a scanner as the equipment to be used for scanning.
- 1.Camera, Scanning barcodes/QR codes can be done using the camera on your laptop/tablet/phone.
- 2.Scanner, Labii also supports any commercial scanner available on the market. It is as simple as connecting the scanner to your laptop and beginning to scan.
- 3.Choose the Action after scan.
- 1.Append to list, append the result to the right panel.
- 2.Open in new, open the result in a new tab.
- 3.Open in current, open the result in the current tab.
- 4.In the next step, you will be able to start the scan, which will, in turn, produce the results based on the action you defined earlier in step 3.
- 5.There are some additional batch operations that can be performed on the scanned results if you choose Append to list. This will enable you to further modify the records after you have scanned them.
Moreover, you can also use the scanning function to select records. For instance, if you would like to assign a location to a sample, you can simply scan the barcode or QR code of that location.