Show section content of other record
Different people might involved in preparing a protocol and perform an experiment. An experiment usually need to cite a protocol, and ideally display the content of the protocol in a ELN. However, it is not efficient to copy the same content again and again. Section Citation is designed for this situation: display the content from a protocol in an experiment. Or, more generally, display the data from a section in a record in one other record.
To meet the regulation requirement, a protocol shall not change in an experiment once signed. The widget enable you to do that via selecting one particular version of a record. The version is optional, you can still ignore the version to display the most recent data.
The Section Citation has been updated to allow any type of sections/widgets.
To use this widget, a record need to be created with one of the above widget.
- 1.Create a section with Section Citation widget
- 2.Click Edit to configure
- 1.Select a record that contains the data to display
- 2.Select a version (optional). A newest version will be selected on default. Select "---" is you want to ignore the versions. Ignoring the versions will end up display the newest version of a record all the time.
- 3.Select one or more sections to display.
- 3.Click Submit
Once configured, the readonly data of the selected sections will be displayed.
The first line provides the link to the original record:
- If a version is provided, click link will redirect you to the version preview
- If a version is not provided, click link will redirect you to the record detail.