Widgets to upload and manage files
File widgets are used to insert file(s) into the detail of a record. The files can be those files already uploaded to Labii ELN & LIMS or the files in the local computer and uploaded directly in the widget.
Labii provides these file widgets to manage files.
Upload, manage and edit files
Files widget without preview
Manage file content in the files table
Any type of file can be uploaded via the Files widget. All uploaded files can be downloaded.
The files widget also supporting the preview and editing. Please see the table below for the supports.
*.jpg, *.jpeg, *.png,
*.doc, *.xls, *.ppt
*.cml, *.inchi, *.mol, *.sdf, *.smi, *.cdx, *.kcj, *.mrv, *.sd
Labii is now supporting the versioning of the file. Whenever the file content is changed, a new version is created.
Labii can perform a real-time antivirus scan for all the files uploaded. The real-time scan is disabled in default. Change Settings -> Organization Detail -> enable_antivirus_scan = true to enable the real-time scan.
All files will have 3 status:
- Pending - pending for antivirus scan
- Clean - the file has been scanned and safe
- Infected - the file has been scanned and malware detected
The infected file will be locked and quarantined, and can not be previewed or downloaded. You will also receive a notification from the system when malware is detected.
The real-time antivirus scan will slow down the file uploading progress for around 20s.
All files uploaded after a record is signed will be locked to the most recent version. In the event that a file is further modified, the old version will still be displayed.
The Files widget can be used to upload, manage, and edit files. This widget has been redesigned to have the following features:
Use add file button to add a file that already exists in the Labii. To add a file:
- 1.Click ADD FILE button
- 2.Search a file name or select a file
- 3.Optional: To specify a particular version to display, choose a version. If no version is selected, the most recent version will be used.
- 4.Should hide column data. Check to hide the column data.
- 5.Should hide the preview. Check to hide the preview.
Files can be uploaded to the platform with the widget. Each uploaded file will have its own records. They can be viewed in the files table.
To upload files:
Drag and drop files to the cloud icon or click the cloud icon to selected files. The uploading will be initialed once selected. Multiple files can be selected at the same time. Uploading is taking in a queue, and a real-time progress bar indicates the uploading progress.
The added file can be updated by clicking EDIT FILE.
- File - change to a different file
- Version - specify a version
- Should hide column data. Check to hide the column data.
- Should hide the preview. Check to hide the preview.
The column data can be hide/show for each individual file.
The file type that is supporting preview can be previewed with the SHOW PREVIEW button.
Click the DOWNLOAD button to download.
The file can be removed by clicking the REMOVE button.
This widget is similar to the Files widget, except it disables the preview of the file.
Use this widget for the files that you do not want to preview.
This widget is specifically designed for the files table to preview, edit the uploaded files.
On default, the preview of the file will be load directly.
You can replace the existing file by uploading a new file.
- 1.Click the cloud icon or drag files to the cloud to upload a file. Note: If multiple files are selected, only the first file will be uploaded.
- 2.Once uploaded, the file name, file size, and the content of the file record will be updated to the value of the new file.
- 3.You can still see what's the old file looks like in the versions.
Note: The change to the file record does not affect the experiments you already signed. The locked experiment will still display the old version of the file
You can take a picture with your cell phone and upload to Labii directly with the File widget.
To do that, click the Cloud icon, select the Camera and the picture will be uploaded directly once took.
Similarly, you can record a video with the above method by selecting the Camera (Video).
This section shows off many cool functions of the Files widget.
Labii can play the uploaded video directly.
The plasmid map of a Genbank file can be displayed in a circular or linear map. This function is modified from openVectorEditor.
Genbank file preview for a plasmid map in circular
The Files widget can already cover the functions of the two other widgets. We are going to disable these widgets in the future.
- File - Upload and preview one file
- Files (No Preview) - Similar to Files, but no preview on default.