An aliquot is a type of sub-sample that is taken or extracted from an original sample.
It is always tedious to document the sample aliquoting process in a LIMS. Labii made it easy with the Sample Aliquoting widget.
The widget enables you:
- 1.Create sample records for the number of aliquots in bulk.
- 2.Manage the list of aliquots.
- 3.Create consumptions for the sample to tracking the usage
This widget relies on other configuration, please make sure these configurations in place to make it work:
The below 2 tables are needed. They can be created by using a table type. If your organization is created using the Inventory application, these tables will be created directly.
Before start creating the aliquots, a few settings need to be configured first:
- Column [Source samples] - Select the column that defines the Source samples. The created aliquots will be linked to the sample from this column.
- Column [Volume Value] - Select the column that defines the Volume Value. The volume value will be assigned to this column and the total volume will be subtracted from the parent sample.
- Number of aliquots - The number of aliquots to create
- Aliquot volume value - The volume for each aliquot. If different volume needs for many batches of aliquots, update this value to recreate the aliquots.
- Table [Consumptions] - Configure the consumption table. If this table is not selected, the configuration table will not be created.
- Consumption column [Source] - Select the column that defines the Source of the consumption.
- Consumption column [Amount] - Select the column that defines the Amount of the consumption.
Click the Create x Aliquots button to create aliquots. Once clicked, a progress bar will show you creating progress. The aliquot will be named after the sample by appending "(aliquot x)".
You can click the button again to create a second batch.
Please note the log will be documented at the bottom of the widget.
A list of aliquots will be displayed once created. By default, only 10 aliquots will be displayed, you can click the Load More to load a second page. You can also click the List View button to manage the aliquots in the list view.
To check out aliquots, change the
The widget will also create consumption for you. Consumption indicates how the sample is used. The experiment field of consumption will remain empty.