Mange projects and permissions
A project is a particular aim that been carefully planned by an individual or a team. In Labii, a project serves as a container of records and is similar to a folder.
There are 3 different permission levels when joining a project:
Can edit project, can view/edit records of the project
Can view/edit records within a particular project
Can only view records of a particular project
Members who do not need edit permission
The administrators can view all records even if they weren't granted any permissions at the project level. Edit permissions, however, are required for them to add a new record to the project or edit an existing record.
When a project is archived, all records become read-only.
A project acts as a valve between users and records. If a user has Read/Write permissions for a project, he/she can read/write all records in that project.
- 1.People can be grouped into Teams.
- 2.A Member determines whether People or Team have Read/Write access to a Project.
- 3.Each Record can be assigned to one or more Projects.
- 4.When configured, People on the left can view/edit Records on the right.
Once a project is added, project managers can manage all projects within the list view of projects and can access it by clicking Settings at the side menu and then select Projects.
You can search projects by typing a keyword into the search bar in the project list view, and then clicking Search. The search results can always be cleared by clicking the Clear button.
With the Filter function, you can limit the number of teams displayed. You can do that by clicking Active projects and then selecting a filter from the dropdown. Here are a list of filters:
- All projects. Filter to display all projects.
- Active projects. Filter to display the active projects.
- Archived projects. Filter to display the archived projects.
Click a project name in the list view to see the detail of a project. Here are the fields that can be updated by clicking the pencil icon:
- Sid - Static encrypted identifier.
- Name - To change the name of the project
- Description - Give a description of the project, such as "Protein Team Project"
- Parent - The parent project of the current project
- Date Start- The start date of this project
- Date End - The end date of this project
- Order - The order to display the project
- Color - Color of folder icon
- Updated By - The Personnel who updated any of the fields listed above
- Date Updated - automatically captured in the background within Labii ELN & LIMS when changes are made
- Open to Organization - If checked, all members of the organization can view/use the project. The default setting is false/uncheck the box
- Open to Public - If checked, anyone has Labii account can view/use it. Check this option if you are vendors or reagent suppliers
- Metadata - For each metadata, the label and value need to be provided. Multiple metadata can be added via clicking Add Metadata button
- Archive this project
- Is Archived - Ability to archive a member, if checked, the member’s access will be blocked
To add a new project, do the following:
- 1.Click the menu icon on the top left
- 2.Click Settings
- 3.Click on Projects
- 4.Click the “+” icon in the navbar
- 5.Fill in the form and click submit
When a parent project is selected, the new project will carry over the same permission settings. However, you can always modify the permission for the new project.
You can update the project order by dragging the project to the desired position in the project list view.
Multiple projects can be created simultaneously using Import. You can do this by clicking Import in the project list view.
You can export a list of projects by clicking Export button and select one option from the dropdown.
It is not possible to delete a project, but you can archive it or rename it and use it in another project.