The widgets provided by Labii
The widgets at Labii ELN & LIMS is a stand-alone function to edit or process a certain piece of data. Labii, as an Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN) and Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) service provider, introduced widgets to meet the specific requirements of each research lab.
Use widget to extend functionalities in ELN & LIMS and to integrate with other software packages.
- Section: Widgets used in a section to provide a comprehensive function to process the data. These widgets are used for unstructured data. Learn more at section type widgets.
- Column: Widgets used as a column type to provide a simple function to process the data for a cell. These widgets are used for structured data. Learn more at column type widgets.
- Variable: Variable is used to render specific text syntax into function component. Learn more at here.
- Dashboard widgets, Widgets that display data, charts, and statistics across multiple records on a dashboard. - Column widgets, This widget is associated with a column to define the type of data that will be inserted into that column. - Section widgets, These widgets are associated with a section and are used to display and manipulate unstructured data.
true, the same widget can be inserted multiple times into a record; if
false, only one widget is allowed for a record.
true, the widget provides read-only data and can still be added into a locked record to display the hidden data; if
false, the widget is not available for locked records.
true, the widget is available for all accounts in Labii; if
false, the widget is specifically developed for some organizations and only available to those organizations.
true, the widget is not available to use.
metadata_labels, list of metadata labels that required for the widget. The metadata can be set at the organization, project, or record level. See the details here.
Administrators have permission to control what widgets to use for the users. Inactive widgets are not available to use. See the details here.
The specific variables can be provided via adding metadata to your organization, project, or record. The metadata labels are defined in the
metadata_labelsfield of the widget. If this field is empty, no metadata needs to be set up.
The metadata is specified in the order:
- organization, add the metadata to the organization level if you want the metadata available to all users in the organization. See here for more details.
- project, add the metadata to the project level if you want the metadata available to the users in the project. Other users from other projects could not use the metadata. The metadata at the project level will overwrite the metadata at the organization level.
- record/row, add the metadata to record level. This metadata can only be used for this record. The metadata at the record level will overwrite the same metadata at the project or organization level.
The priority of metadata: record > project > organization
The conditions will be checked before the loading of the widget. The errors have to be fixed to use the widget.
Error message of a widget
- Missing metadata: The required metadata is not provided. To solve this error, add the missing metadata to the organization, project, or record.
Most of the widgets require configurations, the default configuration value can be saved. See here for more details.