Add new record to Labii
Different records need to be added in different ways based on different requirements. In the ELN (Electronic Lab Notebook), an entry is usually created directly. A record can be created quickly this way. For LIMS or Inventory Management, where several attributions need to be collected before creating a record, a form must be filled out before the record can be created.
The administrators can control how a record is added by updating the
should_add_from_formin the table settings (Settings -> Table -> Select a table). To ensure the user fills out a form before a record is created, set the value to
true. Set the value to
falseto create a record without completing the form.
- Add a record from a template or duplicate a record. To reduce repetitive work, a template can be used to create a similar record. The created record will contain the same data (columns, sections, notes, signers) as the template.
- Add a record from one or many local files. In some tables, the record you create is a simple container of files, so you can use this method to upload files and create a record at the same time. The uploaded files will be inserted directly into the record's sections/notes.
Select workflows to execute upon submission of the form. Use this field if you want to create 5 vials when a sample is created.
Use this function when:
- 1.You want to execute workflows without triggers.
- 2.You want to execute workflows which already have a trigger but do not trigger when this form is submitted.
You should not select the workflow that already has a trigger when this form is submitted. The workflow will be executed automatically. If selected, it might end up running twice.
This function applies to:
- Add a blank record
- Add records in bulk
- Add a record from a template
- Add a template
- Import records