Add new record to Labii
A record refers to an experiment, a protocol, a file, et.al in Labii Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN) and Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS). Labii has developed many methods to smooth your user's experiments in creating records.
Different records need to be added in different ways based on different requirements. In the ELN (Electronic Lab Notebook), an entry is usually created directly. A record can be created quickly this way. For LIMS or Inventory Management, where several attributions need to be collected before creating a record, a form must be filled out before the record can be created.
The administrators can control how a record is added by updating the
should_add_from_formin the table settings (Settings -> Table -> Select a table). To ensure the user fills out a form before a record is created, set the value to
true. Set the value to
falseto create a record without completing the form.
- Add a record from a template or duplicate a record. To reduce repetitive work, a template can be used to create a similar record. The created record will contain the same data (columns, sections, notes, signers) as the template.
- Add a record from one or many local files. In some tables, the record you create is a simple container of files, so you can use this method to upload files and create a record at the same time. The uploaded files will be inserted directly into the record's sections/notes.
Select workflows to execute upon submission of the form. Use this field if you want to create 5 vials when a sample is created.
Use this function when:
- 1.You want to execute workflows without triggers.
- 2.You want to execute workflows which already have a trigger but do not trigger when this form is submitted.
You should not select the workflow that already has a trigger when this form is submitted. The workflow will be executed automatically. If selected, it might end up running twice.
This function applies to:
- Add a blank record
- Add records in bulk
- Add a record from a template
- Add a template
- Import records